Monday, December 31, 2012

Mood Sentry: The Year in Review

I had a lot going on this year.  I released the app on the Android Market (now Google Play) at the start of the year and on iTunes late in the year.  During this year my wife and I moved back into her house and then fixed up and sold my house.  Work was fairly hectic during the second half of the year because I had to take on several new projects (I'm an engineer in the aerospace industry).  Through all this I made good use of Mood Sentry.  I made several new entries in the Tools section, with many  of the recent entries related to black and white thinking.  I believe that my disposition toward black and white thinking may be behind the thoughts that drive most of my negative moods.  We'll see as I explore this in 2013.  I won't say that the app helped me realize this, but my frequent use of the app and the effort I put into initiating and revising my many entries led me to this realization.  It's the effort I put into managing my condition that helps.  The app just makes it a little more convenient for me to capture and confront my thoughts.  One final insight this year relates to the Prioritization Scheme.  I've posted previously that I'm not comfortable with the scheme because it just seems too arbitrary and not specific enough to be of use.  However, during the summer when I was working on the iPhone version while fixing and selling my house and taking on new projects at work, the scheme really helped me identify what was important at home and at work.  The Prioritization Scheme gave me enough guidance to figure out on what I needed to work and feel comfortable tabling the other activities on my to-do list.  Hope the app is helping you as well as it is helping me.

No comments:

Post a Comment