Saturday, December 15, 2012

Better than OK today

The morning started off kind of odd.  I canceled an event due to weather and had made alternate plans for the day.  However, the weather turned out better than thought and I started to feel that my alternate plans were a mistake.  I had made an appointment with a realtor this morning to look at a house and started thinking I should have made the appointment for tomorrow so I could hike today.  I also planned on going in to work today to take care of a couple of things, and thought maybe I could put that off til tomorrow.  Because the weather was so nice, I wanted to take a hike today because tomorrow the weather is going to be "iffy."  This made me anxious about work because when I thought about the things I need to address I felt overwhelmed.  So what did I do?  I met with the realtor and was glad I did.  It was good for my wife and I to meet this realty team and talk about what we want with our next house, which we plan to shop for next year.  I then hiked.  On the trail I thought about a lot of things, such as the house and work.  Regarding work I thought about the things I need to do, and how my tendency toward all or nothing thinking drives a lot of my feelings of being overwhelmed.  I really only have a few things to do.  I cataloged what I need to do and realized that I can get it all done in a couple of hours.  I'll have plenty of time tomorrow to do what I need.  After the hike, and before this blog entry, I took the time to review some essays I have in my app related to work.  It helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment