Saturday, December 8, 2012

Have to Admit to Only Limited Success Last Night

I tried a couple of things, such as sitting in a corner to keep most of the group's activity within a manageable cone and telling myself to focus on the person I'm talking to.  Each helped a bit, but I think I was helped more by the general level of background noise.  That noise muffled the conversation at the other end of the table to the point that I really couldn't make out what was being said.  That conversation just blended into the background, and thus wasn't a distraction to me.  That made it easier to focus on the conversation at my end of the table.  However, I did get a bit saturated from all the interaction and was quite tired by the end of the night.  I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to beat that symptom of social interaction.  That's something I'll need to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment