Friday, December 14, 2012

Another Pretty Good Day

We finally delivered what we needed to the customer.  That was good news.  I did pretty well managing my mood, mostly by acknowledging that I have a natural tendency toward black and white thinking.  When an upsetting thought would come up, I would look at it as a by product of black and white thinking.  Recognizing that the thought was a by product of black and white thinking reduced the impact and made it easier to then bring up some counter thoughts.  I did have a mildly distressing incident late in the day, when something came up at around quitting time.  I didn't really analyze that thought but bet it was something on the order of "now I'll never get out of here."  Well, I'm home now, so it looks like I did get out of there.  Fodder for future distortions.

No comments:

Post a Comment