Monday, December 10, 2012

An Epiphany?

I lift weights 3 days a week, something I've done for years.  I have this general belief that if I eat healthy, keep fit, and treat others well, that I've got a chance at beating my condition.  I think there's more to it than just doing those three things, but I still try to do all three.  This morning during my workout I was thinking about my upcoming day and was feeling stressed due to forecasting.  I then had this idea that my forecasts were really being driven by should statements.  Primarily that I should be able to complete all the things I thought about doing today.  That's an unrealistic goal.  Think of all the things you could be doing, and then give yourself the goal of completing them all in one day.  Anyway, I then wondered if my tendency toward all or nothing thinking was driving these thoughts.  Either I can complete all the things I thought of today, or not.  That then made me think that labeling may play a role too, in that if I can't complete it all then I'm a failure, or something like that.  I'm not sure this is an epiphany, because it might not be quite the thing.  But it sure feels close to a truth that I hadn't realized and may provide me some guidance in managing my condition.

2 comments:

  1. Nice post. I like the fully information of this post.

    App Development Company

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback. Your feedback is the first I've ever gotten!

    ReplyDelete