Monday, December 17, 2012

Hectic Day Today

Got in to work, and things seemed fine.  I did my usual Monday morning things, checking e-mail and pulling performance data.  I took the time to review my entries in Mood Sentry and set some goals.  Things popped up, causing brief anxiety and then settling into a more  typical mood.  Then I learned that I needed to pull a presentation together to justify a change to a project I'm working on.  Suddenly I thought I'll never get all my work done!  I should have been working on this over the weekend rather than the stuff I did work on!  The meeting is is going to be a fiasco tomorrow!  I was able to counter these thoughts, partly because I prepared in the morning like I typically do (reviewing My Experiences and more) and partly because throughout the day I revisited my entries in the app as a booster.  By mid-day I had the presentation mostly done and sent to the team for review.  By the end of the day the presentation was complete.  I did stay a little later than typical to complete some of the other items I needed to work on, but it wasn't that bad.  I took a power walk when I got home, and felt even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment