Thursday, December 13, 2012

Did Pretty Good Today

I had a major issue at work today.  We had a contractual deliverable due today and it was not ready to go.  I knew that this would be a tough day and made the time to set some goals in the morning to help me stay focused on what needed to be done.  I also took the time to review my prioritization scheme.  That helped, because other items popped up during the day and I was able to put those aside.  Note that my first reaction to any pop-up was something like "oh no, I'll never get all this done."  However, I was able to counter those thoughts fairly quickly through prioritization and recognizing that my all or nothing thought process can distort my thoughts in times like this.  Most of the pop-up stuff could either be handled quickly or could wait until tomorrow.  So what happened? It looks like we missed the deadline.

No comments:

Post a Comment