Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Today Was Better

I kicked off my day reviewing My Experiences, then my Prioritization Matrix, and finally setting some goals.  Note that a couple of months or so ago I started setting multiple related goals on the same line and have continued to do so.  It just feels better and doesn't require me to modify this feature of Mood Sentry.  Doing those helped get me started on a good footing.  However, there was something else I did today that also helped.  I used my white board to capture the main tasks I need to keep track of for each project I am supporting.  I know this is a somewhat obvious thing to do, but I was getting so caught up in negative emotions recently that I just didn't feel I had the time to do this one simple thing.  For me, doing this helped relieve some anxiety associated with feeling overwhelmed.  Seeing the items on the board while keeping my prioritization scheme in mind helped me recognize what doesn't need to be worked on.  That's a good thing for me.  Otherwise I start thinking that everything has to be worked on.  Yikes.  As stated in a previous post, that's an unrealistic goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment