Sunday, April 22, 2012

Taking a break today...

from the essay.  Been feeling a bit depressed today, more so than usual.  Feeling overwhelmed.  I've loaded my plate with lots of stuff.  The prioritization scheme helps, as does the daily goals list.  Also, it helps to look back periodically and see that I've actually accomplished things I needed to.  I actually did some neat things such as kayaked and saw some sea lions, relaxed at a Peet's and read an article in the Harvard Business Review, did some programming, laundry, shopping, and lots more.  I think I'm still reeling from the distraction yesterday regarding my wife's computer.  I think the general thoughts have to do with missing free time from my weekend.  Looking back, I think I got everything done that I needed to  get done and did plenty of fun stuff too.  Fun stuff I did: hike, wine tasting, kayaking, reading, talked to family, played dress up and went to a party.  Hmmmm.  Looks like I had a good weekend.  Yes, I did have to deal with an unexpected problem, but those things happen.  It did not ruin my weekend.  It did not take up all my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment