Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Essay: Forecasting Rejection (cont.)

I'm still trying to figure out what's really driving these thoughts.  Here's where I am right now with this essay...
"I tend to forecast rejection when seeking input from others.  It's rejection of either my ideas or myself.  For example, when I have to review a design concept with someone, I forecast that the person will find some rudimentary flaw in the design.  This then leads to forecasts of the person putting me down for being stupid, or telling me that they can't believe I made such a stupid mistake.  I tend to take rejection of my ideas as a rejection of myself."
I'm still trying to capture the thoughts in my heads.  I never really thought of myself as a label kind of guy, but perhaps I am.  As I develop this essay I'll learn more about my thoughts and myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment