Thursday, April 19, 2012

Essay: Forecasting Rejection (part 3)

Didn't get much done today because I've been super busy at work.  However, these thoughts have been popping up as a result of my activities.  How serendipitous.  Here's where I am...
"I tend to forecast rejection when seeking input from others.  It's rejection of either my ideas or myself.  For example, when I have to review a design concept with someone, I forecast that the person will find some rudimentary flaw in the design.  This then leads to forecasts of the person putting me down for being stupid, or telling me that they can't believe I made such a stupid mistake. The same thing happens when I'm just looking to ask for something, I automatically forecast "no" and then imagine the person being insulted or annoyed that I even asked. I tend to take rejection of my ideas as a rejection of myself."
I'm filling in the thought a bit, identifying the scenarios, and figuring out what's going on in my head.  I'll keep working this because it's timely for me.  It helps me get through these hectic days.

No comments:

Post a Comment