Monday, April 23, 2012

Birthday Greetings!

Well, it's my Birthday today.  So how am I feeling?  Overwhelmed.  Not from my birthday, but I seem to have filled my plate with lots of stuff.  Work, this app, volunteer activities for an environmental organization, oh yeah, getting ready to put my house on the market.  This is a good time to make use of my prioritization scheme.  Other than work, there really is nothing with a hard deadline coming up.  Most of the other things have deadlines that I created just to push myself a bit and give myself a goal.  I identified that the crunch at work is very important, this app is next in line, and as long as I balance those with maintaining a healthy lifestyle, I'll be in good shape.  This thought helped alleviate a lot of stress and beat thoughts of not having enough time.  I do have enough time for the stuff I really need to address.  The thoughts  that I'll never get things done are not only incorrect, but predicated on the notion that I have to do it all.  I really don't.  Ha.  Take that, distorted thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment