Thursday, April 5, 2012

Packing for a move...

Lot's of distorted thoughts popping up.  I'll never get this done.  I don't have time for anything else.  This will consume all my time.  Stuff like that.  Lost free time has been a recurring thought for much of my life.  Thing is, I now know these thoughts can drive feelings of loss and sadness, which can reinforce themselves through emotional reasoning.  One thing I did tonight was punt.  I just accepted that I'm going to work on the move tonight and get things packed and organized.  I have plenty of time to do other things later this weekend.  Looking at my prioritization schemes, which admittedly are not perfect, I see that the move is the most important thing I have right now.  Everything else on my list can wait because there is no near term need for any of it.  Hmmm.  Got my taxes done, went on vacation, and now a move.  Tonight and tomorrow night I get ready for a move, Saturday morning I move.  Then there's time for other stuff.  It helps to have a prioritization scheme in times like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment