Tuesday, April 10, 2012

How Mood Sentry helps me...

Mood Sentry helps me through persistent access to references (less now than when I created this app) and a handy place to record my thoughts.  For example, in the morning, before I start my day, I review My Experiences with thoughts toward how my day will unfold.  I have some standing meetings that I can think about, the tasks that I'm working, and the people I need to interact with.  If you've looked at the examples, you can see that I forecast gloom, doom, and conflict.  Thinking ahead and using the relevant mitigations can help me prepare for my day as well as recognize that I've been through these events before and survived.  I know this can sound silly, but so what, isn't that "Mind Reading?"  It's tough to explain how reviewing my experiences really helps me, but it does.  I prepare my mitigations.  I recognize that I've experienced these thoughts before.  I take care of nascent thoughts that exist when I wake up.  And there's probably a few more things that this does.  What does it do for you?  I'll cover more ways this helps tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment