Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Customer Concern

Had one of my customers contact me today with a concern that there appears to be a lack of progress on the project.  I've had the same nagging feeling about the project myself.  At first I was thinking that I've failed somehow and the the customer thinks the same.  But, I spent some time speaking with him and learned that this is partly due to how we're reporting things on our bi-weekly meetings.  My customer gave me some guidance on what we could do differently, and it meshed with some suggestions I received from the team yesterday.  I was feeling a bit better, but I still have these thoughts that I won't be able to get the team on track and that I'm doomed to be a failure.  I can address these thoughts, in particular the failure thoughts (how can I be a failure when the project is nowhere near complete?).  The main thing I need to do is seek help, from both my team and from other project leads.  Seeking help may lessen the forecasts of failure, primarily because I'll be actively trying to fix the situation rather than just feeling bad about it.  We'll see.

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment