Thursday, May 1, 2014

A CD Cocktail

I was just reviewing "My Experiences" with my day in mind and identified multiple distortions.  All or Nothing, Overgeneralizations, Magnification, Should Statements, Personalization, and of course Emotional Reasoning.  They seem to build on each other, so identifying which one came up first is not easy.  I don't think that matters because I was able to address each based on my entries in "My Experiences."  Note that I didn't eliminate the thoughts nor the associated feelings, but I was able to reduce their impact on my mood.  That's good enough for me and better than suffering in silence.  I'll next review some of my "Event" entries and maybe some entries in the other tools to see what I have that's related to my current situation.  After more than two years I'm sure I'll find something relevant.

No comments:

Post a Comment