Monday, April 14, 2014

Didn't Sleep Well Last Night

I didn't sleep well last night.  I think I figured out one of the things that's been keeping me up, and that is being stuck in my current position.  I've been trying unsuccessfully to get a different position for a couple of years and realized that I have these distorted thoughts related to that effort.  Basically, I've been thinking that I'll never get another position and that I'm doomed to fail.  These thoughts were lurking below the surface and I didn't realize I had them.  However, while reviewing My Experiences this morning these thoughts came to the surface.  I was able to recognize these thoughts as distortions and countered them with other thoughts.  I still had negative feelings but they weren't as severe.

No comments:

Post a Comment