Sunday, April 20, 2014

Woke Up Early

I'm on vacation and woke up early this morning thinking about work.  I was feeling depressed and anxious, and was able to track it down to a couple of distortions: overgeneralizations and all or nothing thinking.  I had a challenge on one program that was more than just a challenge, it was an error on my part.  The overgeneralization involved believing that I was going to make the same error on my other two projects.  The all or nothing thinking involved believing that the whole project was ruined.  Once I recognized both of these distortions I was able to counter both.  Countering these thoughts was fairly straight forward and made me wonder how I got these thoughts in the first place.  Who knows.  I'm glad I caught these thoughts and was able to get back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment