Sunday, June 17, 2012

Used the Prioritization tool today

I have painters coming in tomorrow, it's Father's day, and I have a lot of little things on my plate.  I was going to set some daily goals for myself and decided to see if the prioritization matrix would help.  I've only used that tool a few times and still am not sure if it's worth keeping.  Today it helped.  Based on the matrix my highest priority is the painting.  After that comes Father's day.  I was a little uneasy about having Father's day  medium priority, but it worked out well.  All I needed to do for the painting was trim back some hedges from a fence that will be painted and select the colors for the interior of the house. There was plenty of time to do that and celebrate Father's day.  One thing that really popped out at me was the "Do Not Work" scheme.  I was able to identify several things not to work on.  Making the conscious decision not to work on a few things really helped defeat thoughts of being overwhelmed.  I'm now thinking of adding a box to identify stuff not to work on in the Daily Goals tool.  I know that sounds silly, but for a person like me it can be quite useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment