Friday, June 1, 2012

Have a Social Event Tonight

Social events can wear me out.  I often feel anxious and nervous around other people.  It's mostly related to thoughts that if I say the "wrong" thing I'll find myself in a confrontation or I'll upset somebody else.  I know this is a distortion, because usually when I talk to people they seem to enjoy the conversation.  I also have a problem with focusing my attention on one person when there is a lot of activity around me. I tend to look around every now and then, keeping an eye on things.  The constant draw on my attention gets wearisome.  I have an essay and an observation related to social situations, and I have a workbook for people on the Asperger spectrum that helps too.  I've reviewed my app entries, and will take note of my thoughts tonight to get a better handle on what's really going on in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment