Monday, June 18, 2012

Porpoising This Evening

I'm getting my house ready for the painters tomorrow.  That means I'm pulling stuff off the walls, out of closets, and out of their way in general.  Lots and lots of little things.  It seems that just when I think I'm done, I notice something else that I need to do, and then even more things I need to do.  Guess what goes through my mind.  Yep, "this is never going to end."  That drives my mood lower, but I've been catching it with these counter thoughts: "Of course it will end, it really can't go on forever"; and "actually, this will end whenever I decide to end it."  I also start feeling overwhelmed because I'm not getting to other things I intended to do tonight.  However, when I look at this from a priorities stand point, this is much more important than the other items and really needs to get done tonight.  It's after 10 now, I've got a few more things to get to and I'm sure more distortions to address.  Gotta go.  Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment