Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Handling the Plumber issue pretty well

The shower was installed today.  There are just a few more touch up things to do on this job, which will be done tomorrow.  I had many opportunities for cognitive distortions during this endeavor and did a pretty good job combating those thoughts when they came up.  I've posted that I have a tendency to forecast confrontation when seeking input from others.  I had plenty of thoughts like that recently and I've noticed that those thoughts are less powerful than they used to be.  I think "powerful" is the right word for what I experience.  I still have forecasts of confrontation, but I've been battling them by paying attention to two things.  One is that confrontation is the exception, not the norm.  This helps a bit.  Two is that when I do experience conflict, I handle it well.  I think that recognizing both has been key to reducing the power that such thoughts have on my mood.  The Mood Sentry app helps track stuff like this and can be referenced where and when needed (most of the time).

No comments:

Post a Comment