Monday, June 25, 2012

Surprised I'm Not Angry

I contacted Verizon regarding canceling the internet service at my house and transferring the e-mail account to my wife's internet service.  Did what the tech support person told me, which was cancel the service and THEN have tech support transfer the e-mail account to my wife's service.  Now I'm being told that I did it wrong, and have lost my personal e-mail account.  I've also been told that I can buy my e-mail address back.  Hmmmm.  OK, do you see any opportunities for distorted thoughts?  I shouldn't have listened to tech support?  Or maybe this stuff always happens to me?  How about these people should know what they are talking about?  I'm very surprised that I'm not angrier with them.  I recently re-read the chapter in Dr. Burns' book "Feeling Good" on anger and think that may have helped.  I am a bit stressed, mostly due to getting different messages from tech support and sales.  I'm forecasting that this will take all day tomorrow to fix (it's after hours now, so some of the people who may be able to help me have gone home for the day).  Looking forward, if I lost my e-mail I can deal with that.  There's only a handful of places I NEED to notify of a new e-mail address, and I can take care of them in an hour or two.  However, before it comes to that, I'll see what I can do in the morning.  The support people get in at 8 eastern, and I'm usually up at 5 pacific.  There's really no way anger can help me with this.  Somebody is incorrect on their end, and there's a possibility that I'll clear this up in the morning.  In either case, I doubt that any of the people I spoke with intentionally misled me.  They are human, like me, and prone to mistakes.  When that happens, I just have to do my best to help fix it.  I'll tell you how things went tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment