Saturday, June 2, 2012

Did OK Last Night

I really do have a tough time dealing with all the distractions at social events like the art walk last night.  Starting with dinner, where we had a jazz band playing which made it difficult to hear the conversation, to the walk itself with lots of people milling about.  Trying to keep track of the music and the conversation made me feel confused.  In fact, I couldn't keep track of either.  I also noticed that people with lots of inflection in their voices can grate on me.  I think these may be related to a hearing processing issue.  I started a new essay regarding preparing for social events.  I think I can prepare for some of this, and may need to recommend things like quieter places for dinner and limited group sizes.  We'll see where this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment