Monday, May 28, 2012

Taking Inventory Helped...

Jotting down what's going well was a bit better than simply reflecting on what is going well.  Part of the reason was that because I took the time to write, I spent more time thinking about what was going well for me in the 3 phases of my life: work, non-work activities, and home.  I did something similar today.  I stopped to think about the stuff I did this weekend.  Dinner and an art show in Laguna, wine tasting, power walking, hiking, and kayaking for fun, plus getting lots of little things done in my work and non-work activities.  I got knocked off-axis this weekend when the plumber didn't show up on Saturday.  I now realize there were some "should" statements involved (he "should" have shown up or called), and that drove feelings of anger associated with feeling that I missed out on some opportunities.  The facts are that I did re-arrange my schedule, but I didn't miss anything I can't do next weekend, and looking back on the things I did I can see that I really had a good weekend.  Taking a moment to jot down what's going well was needed.  Glad I did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment