Thursday, May 17, 2012

Emotional Reasoning, again

The nature of my job and hobbies is to try new things of a technical nature.  When dealing with complex systems and software, I often find myself stuck on something new that I can't figure out.  If this "stuck state" persists, I can find my thoughts drifting to overgeneralizations related to "never" solving the problem.  This can drive my mood low and get me into a negative thought cycle in which I ruminate on everything that isn't going well.  Today I found myself in just such a mood.  I was able to catch my thoughts and recognize that even though I have challenges with 3 different technical projects, there's actually a lot that is going well on each.  I've made a lot of progress on each and believe I'll figure out how to do what I'd like to do on each.  Documenting this can help me in the future, IF I have the wherewithal to review my documentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment