Saturday, May 19, 2012

Intrusive Reminders

I thought about making the reminders a bit less intrusive, but since I designed the app for me I left them the way I like them.  I thought about having a pop up window prompt the user to either review the reminder or opt out at the designated reminder  time.  When I thought about that, I figured if the user wanted to see the reminder then the user would need to select a virtual button.  If the user did not want to see the reminder, then the user would either select a virtual button or the return key.  In either case the user would need to select something.  The way it is now, if the user wants to see the reminder, the user just looks at the display, if not, the user selects a button.  My preference is to see the reminder, so the way things are is more efficient from my point of view.  Hitting the return key is no big deal if I don't want to see the reminder.  Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment