Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Sharing a new Essay

I mentioned that I started an essay the other day, and then split it into two different essays.  Here's what I have so far for the essay related to tasks.  It's something I reviewed and updated this morning and will continue to review and update.  It's a work in progress.  My goal is to reduce my early morning stress and forecasts of gloom and doom.

Essay Title: Stress and Tasks
Tasks can take different forms.  Think about each form and which form each of the day's tasks is likely to follow.

Quagmire in which the task can get bogged down due to unforeseen issues.
Predictive in which things go generally as planned.
Surprising in which things go better than planned.
Delayed in which something pop up requiring work to stop for a short period.

Most tasks do not turn into quagmires.
Most tasks are either predictive of surprising.  So why the stress?
Delayed tasks are not uncommon.  Do your best to plan around them.

No comments:

Post a Comment