Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Tools - Prioritization

OK, so the idea for this tool came from a book I read on dealing with Asperger titled "Living Well on the Spectrum" by Dr. Valerie L Gaus.  It seems that sometimes people on the spectrum have difficulty prioritizing things and may look at all the things they need to do as being equally important.  This has led to feelings of being overwhelmed in my case, so I tried to create a prioritization scheme for myself.  I'm a bit embarrassed to say that according to the scale I created, the vast majority of the items on my plate are simply not that important.  So why the stress?  The schemes for both home and work have actually helped me a bit to reduce anxiety and stress.  I have no idea if they will work for anyone else, and I know there's more tweaking I can do to these, but I leave them alone because they are "good enough" for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment