Friday, February 24, 2012

Tools - Event Record

This was one of my first tools.  I just wanted something that I could use to document any events that really get my mood going, or really get my thoughts running.  Having this tool on the phone lets me capture the gist of the event fairly closely to when it actually happens.  If you look at the example you can see what I mean when I just try to capture the gist.  It reads kind of choppy.  I use it as a memory jogger.  When this event happened I found myself ruminating on the dripping shower instead of going to sleep.  Just getting up and jotting down a couple of notes really helped me get this off my mind and get back to sleep.  Over the next week or two I continued to revisit this entry and capture more thoughts from that night as well as potential mitigation ideas.  I like reviewing this every now and then.  I currently have about 10 events on my phone.  I don't document events if there is a similar one on the phone.  I just review the existing entry and maybe update it to capture any new thoughts that bubble up.  Entering events isn't a one time task for me.  I find that as I review the entry, I get more ideas and more insights into the associated thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment