Thursday, March 1, 2012

Mood Sentry Tools - Ideal Self

This was the last, but probably not the final tool I added to Mood Sentry.  I wanted to capture my ideal self to help keep myself focused on where I want to go, as opposed to where I am or where I was.  Sometimes when I'm in a funk I can get so focused on the present and the past that I feel stuck in the feeling.  Documenting what I'm trying to achieve has been good for me and is a good thing to review because it helps me focus on the future.  I have no idea why I have provisions for up to 5 in the free version or 30 in the paid version, because it doesn't seem like you really need that many end states.  However, it was easier to program that way.  Right now I have 3 "Ideal Self" entries, the example, one related to treating other people well, and one related to healthy eating.  That last one I put in there after the holidays.  I kept the format of the ideal self fairly free form.  I originally was going to make a form with specific items, but different people with different goals might find such a form too stifling.  Try it out and see what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment