Friday, February 10, 2012

My first two tools..

My first two tools in the app were the Reminders and My Experiences functions.  At that time, I used MS Outlook and Mozilla Lightning to set reminders to take some sort of action.  On weekday mornings I had Outlook automatically open a file for me that had a bunch of proactive "self talk" for me to review at the start of the day. At mid-day, Outlook (on weekdays) and Lighting (on weekends) would pop open a simple reminder asking me "what's going well?"  When I looked at the morning file I decided it was too big for the phone.  Then I realized that it was essentially my take on the cognitive distortions with a little direction thrown in.  The cognitive distortions morphed into My Experiences, and the direction is the body  of the reminder.  If Mood Sentry is not for you, consider using a calendar app to set simple reminders for yourself.  It's easy, and you probably already have the software.

No comments:

Post a Comment