Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Customizing My Experiences

I developed the My Experiences tool because the references, both on-line and hard copy, that I had for cognitive distortions were great for explaining the concepts, but weren't exactly "me."  I thought it would be helpful to tailor the definitions to myself, and I was right.  It really helped me understand the distortions and how they impact my life, as well as when they are most likely to pop up.  I included the ability to tailor the distortions not just for users, but also for myself.  As I learn more about myself, I can update the distortions as needed.  If you are trying to capture how the distortions manifest during your day and it's taking longer than you'd like, don't worry.  It took me a while to really capture the gist of each, and I still update some of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment