Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Tools - an into...

Looks like we're at that point where I get to go into the tools section of Mood Sentry.  The first tools I created were the Event Log, Observations log, Essays, and the Daily Goals.  These were things I typically used via my computer, and got the ideas for from Dr. Burns' book "Feeling Good."  Most of these were generated in regular word processor files such as MS Word or Google Docs.  The Daily Goals was something I tried on a note pad I had printed at Kinko's, but it didn't really catch on with me in hard copy form.  Later on I added the Cost Benefit analysis and the the Ideal Self tools.  I think the last tool I added was the Prioritization tool, which was an idea I got from a book about people who are further along the Asperger scale than most.  I use all these tools, though I use some more than others.  I find that having these tools on my phone enables me to record and review my thoughts as convenient, with a good sense of confidentiality.  Sometimes I get away from the office and review entries at a coffee shot, sometimes I simply do it at my desk.  Note that my entries evolve over time.  I'll discuss how I use each of these tools in upcoming posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment