Thursday, November 22, 2012

What I'm Thankful For

This is my first Thanksgiving blog, so I'll be fairly traditional in regards to blogging.  I'm thankful for my wife.  Before we started dating, I felt I needed to come clean about my battle with depression.  I hadn't told many people about this part of my life, so I was nervous.  There was no need to be.  She was very understanding and supportive of me, and still is.  I'm thankful for my therapist, who introduced me to Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and to Dr. Burns' book "Feeling Good."  This has really helped me manage my condition.  I'm thankful to Dr. Burns for writing the aforementioned book, which I still reference, and of course I'm thankful to Dr. Beck for developing and nurturing this therapeutic approach to mood management.

No comments:

Post a Comment