Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Caught Myself "not Forecasting"

Today was fairly hectic at work.  I had multiple things going on that required my full attention.  I had several telecons with customers, and needed to be prepared for each.  The preparation on my part was minor, but added to the other duties I had today it was a bit much.  Typically, when interactions are in the near future I start to forecast conflict and failure.  However, today I noticed that I wasn't forecasting like I typically do.  At least not at that time.  I was forecasting a fairly neutral to somewhat positive interaction.  I'm not sure what made me notice that something was different, but it just suddenly dawned on me that I was not stressing on the upcoming meeting.  I made a note of this.  Now, reflecting back on the day's interactions, none of them went bad.  None turned into conflict, and none turned into failure.  This is typical for me, and a good thing for me to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment