Monday, November 26, 2012

How Things Went Today

So over the holiday weekend I was flopping in and out of depression/anxiety and neutral, spending about 50% of my time in each.  This  was all over an issue that popped up at work last Wednesday.  I was countering thoughts of failure and conflict with counter thoughts that were either neutral or positive.  I was countering these thoughts by reflecting on past experiences, which were rarely as bad as I had forecast.  I was countering these thoughts with facts, such as I really didn't have all the facts and therefore didn't know if the situation was that bad to begin with.  So today I set out to better assess the situation.  I was contacting people to get data relevant to the issue, cost, schedule, funding available, stuff like that.  What I learned was that we don't have an issue at this time.  We're close to having an issue, but are expecting more funds to come in any day now.  There it was again.  My typical pattern of forecasting catastrophe and finding out later that things are not so bad.  Is there any good news here? Yes.  It used to be that the split between depression/anxiety and neutral was more like 80%, 20% (neutral).  I used to be more of a wreck with stuff like this.  I feel I'm getting better at handling stuff like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment