Monday, November 12, 2012

All or Nothing Thinking Today

Took the day off and was feeling kind of anxious/uneasy about the day.  I was planning on exploring LA with my wife and just kept thinking the day was going to be a bust.  I tracked it down to all or nothing thinking.  I kept imagining that something wouldn't go well, or the places we wanted to visit would be closed (Veteran's Day).  Thus, my day would be ruined.  Once I realized that this type of thinking was driving my mood I was able to address it and minimize the impact.  Yes, the app helped, but it was the effort that I put into challenging the thoughts that really helped.  Note that I believe this type of thinking has hampered my day on multiple occasions.  I now know what to look for and will be more diligent.

No comments:

Post a Comment