Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Napping

OK, this has nothing to do with Mood Sentry or even how I manage my depression.  However, I have to give a shout out to the activity of napping.  I find it useful every now and then to take a short nap.  This has helped me defeat anxiety and lethargy that can come at the end of a hectic or stressful day.  How?  When I manage to take a nap, or even just try to take a nap, my energy level in the evening is a bit higher.  I don't actually have to sleep to get the benefit, which is a good thing because I find it difficult to sleep during the day.  The alternative is not napping and spending my evening awake but fatigued which can lead to negative moods and thoughts.  Hmmmm.  Maybe this is one way I deal with my depression.  Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment