Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Trying Something Different

I've mentioned that I've been having some challenges recently.  After meeting with my therapist yesterday, I'm capturing my thoughts in an effort to help me identify what thoughts are really driving my mood, or perhaps driving my mood lower if the real culprit is my depression asserting itself for some reason.  Rather than using Mood Sentry, I've gone back to the pen and paper approach.  One thing I like about this approach is the ease with which I can write.  It's just as handy as the app, but the format feels a bit better for this exploratory mindset I'm in right now.  I could use either the observation or essay tool, but for some reason using pen and paper just feels like the best way to document what is going on in my head these days.  I'll see how this works.  Once I start narrowing down which thoughts are doing the most damage, I expect that I'll go back to using Mood Sentry to capture the thoughts and counter thoughts.  We'll see.

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment