Monday, July 16, 2012

Emotional Reasoning

I pick up on things every now and then and it's kind of like a light turning on in my head.  I know I'm susceptible to emotional reasoning and I know that I'm in a low level, persistent funk right now, but I didn't realize how prevalent the emotional reasoning can be.  I picked up on it last night when I decided to call back a friend who had called a couple of days ago.  I just kept thinking that the conversation would be confrontational and/or never ending.  Those thoughts made me dread making the call and procrastinate.  However, for some reason the light went off and I realized these distortions were really being driven by emotional reasoning.  When I realized that I picked up the phone and made the call.  The call was pleasant and it did in fact end in a relatively short time.  I kept that light on this morning and knocked a couple of things off my daily goals list that I was tempted to delay.  I'll keep working on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment