Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Ants!

I was surprised to find a bunch of ants in our kitchen tonight.  When stuff like that happens I think that my night will be ruined because I'll use up all my time dealing with an issue that shouldn't have happened.  Don't see any distortions there, do you?  I'm getting better at catching these thoughts and countering them.  For example, there's really no reason for thinking that this will take all night.  I took care of things fairly quickly, moving the trash can outside, tossing the bag in the trash bin, and rinsing the trash can out.  This will be a good thing to record for future reference.  I seem to have issues thinking things I have to do will take up all my time and leave little room for things I want to do.  My prioritization scheme can help as can keeping a record of how long things actually take.  I think the app can help with these.

No comments:

Post a Comment