Saturday, August 25, 2012

Had a good day today

It's Saturday.  I went hiking today, on my own, but took a few minutes to review my entries in the app and set some goals.  Yes, one was to reach the peak.  I was glad I took the time to review my entries because I had been thinking about an upcoming meeting at work and was forecasting conflict.  Because of that, I was feeling stressed and anxious when I arrived at the trailhead.  Reviewing my entries reminded me that I tend to have such thoughts and that one thing I can do is imagine the opposite.  So that's what I did.  It helped me.  I also recognized that I was engaged in some emotional reasoning related to those thoughts, and thus I had been focusing on the negative aspect of other things in my life, things not related to work.  Recognizing this helped too.  It was a pretty good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment